Friday, March 23, 2007

Things to Brag About

This was Report Card Day! Both kids came home with straight A's (Emma's were straight S's, due to the kindergarten grade scale.), and I am so proud of them!
Andrew turned in his very first science project, and I was so glad to have it over with.














I made a cake for my grandma's birthday. I'm proud of that too.
We celebrated my grandma birthday at her house with my aunt and uncle (who live so far away we haven't seen them but once in three years) and the whole family gang who live here already. There was this moment that I looked around the room and listened for just a minute. Here were 13 or so people, some of whom liked each other at the time and some not so much, all crammed in a tiny room laughing and telling stories. There were constantly two or three conversations shooting across the room at the same time. It was really loud and probably would have been uncomfortable if they were just friend-people. But this was family. Liking each other at the moment doesn't have to matter. Seeing each other often doesn't either. Somewhere along the line, through blood or through legal documents, you're linked. And that's enough.

DAILY BLISS: Surprise Coffee on my desk this morning. OH - and did I mention that my kids both made straight A's?

<3 Christy

No comments: