Monday, March 26, 2007

Today's Random Things

I have noticed that, while I am enjoying my time alone, I am perhaps a little off kilter. I sliced my ankles shaving today, which I don't think I've done since I was fifteen or so. When I got home from work, I found that I had put my rice milk on top of the refrigerator next to my cereal. Hmm. No wonder my husband works so hard to wake me up in the morning. The consequences of leaving me to my own devices seem disastrous.
I bought new shoes today, though. That makes any day a good day. But here's what was cool: I saw this cab driver by the shoe store. He had a fu manchu mustache and Earl Hickey hair. AWESOME! Not that I want to ride in his cab or anything, but it was fun to look at him. I laughed and maybe snorted a little.
Today's porch painting music was Led Zeppelin. That makes any task a little bit more badass.
So, having muddled my way through another day alone, I pulled out my purple polka dot pajamas, which I only put on when I'm feeling perky (please say that out loud, just once?), and had a nice dinner and will be going to bed. Or maybe going to Wal-Mart. I can't decide. Maybe I'll go to Wal-Mart in my purple polka dot pajamas....

DAILY BLISS: Marshmallows and new shoes.

<3 Christy

2 comments:

frabjouspoet said...

I'm pretty impressed that you shaved your legs with everyone gone. I tend to be a hairy beast when my hubby is gone...and I wear a lot of pants and long skirts. :)

Christy said...

Hmmmm. I think it's because all of my work clothes show a bit of leg. I bought them all at once, and the only thing that seemed to look good on me that day was capri pants. But, hey - good point!
<3 Christy