Sunday, March 25, 2007

Wild and Free

I'm still enjoying my single-ness today. Had a nice church service, cleaned up and spent the afternoon listening to Iron and Wine and painting green details on my porch columns. It was such a beautiful afternoon - nicely breezy. I left my hair down on purpose so that it would blow all around and make me feel pretty and folk-music-appropriate. The wind chimes were also very glad to have me on the porch. They sang to me for hours.
Then I went out with my work-friend Julianna - we hit Chili's for 2-for-1 mango margaritas! WOOOOHOOO! Very fun. If I left it just there, it would have been an excellent day, but I got to show her around my house, which I love to show off. And we made s'mores with nice cookies and expensive chocolate.
I am finding this weekend to have been refreshing in ways I did not even know I needed. Getting my hands into some paint and accomplishing a few tasks around the house have fed my inner Creative Soul. She's been really hungry lately. I hadn't realized that she had been completely neglected. I also hadn't realized that I feel like a much more beautiful person when she is fed and happy. For me, I guess, having a creative task at hand keeps me in touch with the things I love about life - helps me to recognize the little things in the course of the day that make me deeply happy.

DAILY BLISS: New music to listen to!

<3 Christy

No comments: