Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I Didn't

I suppose Tuesday can only be a let-down after a Monday like I just had. Actually, Tuesday is always a little tough because it's my Monday, really - my first day back to work for the week and my desk is piled high and I have to actually get dressed.
And this Tuesday, as I mulled it over, has offered me no stories. No little happenings to turn into a blog-a-riffic tale. I just didn't do anything interesting.
So, maybe I'll think of some things that I didn't do today.

I didn't spill any coffee on myself this morning. That happens pretty frequently, so, it's a good thing. A thing to celebrate.

I didn't forget my lunch. That happens a lot too.

I didn't laugh out loud when the Pastor I work for prayed in our staff meeting. He sounds like William Shatner. "GraciousGod...we..thankyou..for...your. many. blessings to us."

I didn't get to the bottom of the papers on my desk today. I hate that feeling.

I didn't throw out my arms and tightly hug a dear parishioner today, one who I love much, even though I found out he has Alzheimer's'. It's still a secret and I had to pretend I didn't know.

I didn't get into a car accident today. By all accounts, I should have. I was a sleepy and distracted driver. I apologize.

I didn't lick the bottom of the after-school popcorn bowl. Air popped, lots of butter as a treat today (it's usually olive oil and sea salt). For the record, I really wanted to. I am very fond of licking out bowls. I get that from my mom.

I didn't properly supervise homework time today. I'm not entirely sure if Emma actually did all the stuff listed in her agenda. I signed it anyway.

I didn't wait until bedtime to write this. I am absolutely planning on crashing on the nearest piece of furniture and listening to indie folk music. As soon as I hit "Publish."

DAILY BLISS: cooking barefoot, in my ladybug apron (very cheery) and the smell of chocolate chip cookies

3 comments:

Amy Button said...

I would have trouble if my Monday was Tuesday. It completely messes me up when we have a Monday holiday.

60ish and Glad said...

I am just glad you finally got your Monday. Tis about time.

claibornes corner said...

I would like a photo of you licking a bowl!! Tee Hee