Friday, August 28, 2009

Hoot

There's nothing like having your girls sitting around your living room, knitting and gabbing to kick off the weekend. I cast on a cute little cardigan for myself. I haven't had anything major on my needles in sort of a while, much less anything for me. I have a super-soft merino wool lace weight yarn in red that has just been begging to be made into something special. It won't be practical or washable, but it should be really cute!
Oh - and I made a chocolate cake for the girls. My friend Denise brought some freshly-ground Starbucks decaf that pair oh-so-nicely with warm chocolate cake topped with melt-y chocolate chips. And yarn. It paired oh-so-nicely with all the yarn. Come to think of it, coffee pairs nicely with just about everything I can think of.
Once everyone cleared out, I did a little bit more work on that owl-y project. I thought I'd give you a sneak peek. Aren't those owls just the cutest?

And orange ric-rack! Sigh.

It's almost finished, but I can only sneak fifteen minutes in here or there on it, so I'm thinking it will probably be a couple more days before it's all done. Especially when you consider that I have homework to do these days!

But finish it, I shall. I really do love finishing things.

Daily Bliss: I did say chocolate cake, didn't I? With melted chocolate chips on top?
Wake-up Playlist: Kings of Leon, Use Somebody

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Those pictures makes me one happy girl. Can't wait to see the finished product! :)

claibornes corner said...

I love love love the hooty owl thing - what is it going to be? and I wish I could be at your knitting night!

Amy Button said...

That sounds like so much fun. I love the owls- reeeaaalllyyy love the owls. I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Mary said...

That is so cute!

I love chocolate cake. It's a staple at my dad's house.

lubke-moss said...

I heart owls. They have a special significance in my family, so I always swoon over most anything associated with owls.
And yes, the orange rick rack rules! :)