Sunday, February 1, 2009

Transfusion

After all that's happened this week, I woke up yesterday and found myself really spent. Just exhausted. I needed to inject myself with some beauty to replace some of what I'd lost this week.
Fortuitously, it was haircut day. So I went and spilled my guts to my wonderful hair guy while he listened and when I was done talking about myself, we talked about the baby he and his wife have on the way. Talking about babies always lifts a mommy's spirits.
Once he had beautified my hair, I decided to wander around in the shopping district that's close by. I ducked into Anthropologie, my absolute favorite place for finding a little pretty something. I was kinda hoping to try on that dress that I'm saving up for, but they don't have it in the store yet. So I bought some really lovely soap.
I came home and just took a bath.
With my pretty new soap.
And the lights turned off.

I needed to make a grocery list because I hadn't been to the store in a long time, but since it was a sunny day, I laid out my picnic quilt and made my list outside.

After I got my shopping done, we watched a movie and ate (soy) ice cream. With Magic Shell chocolate sauce on it. And today, I'm feeling much better. Not all better, but much better.

3 comments:

Amy Button said...

A haircut and shopping is a nice diversion from what ails you. It sounds like a lovely day.

claibornes corner said...

I know about the "exhausted" part. After the 9 hour drive we jumped into friday night and worked hard. By Saturday Dehra said I was walking around in a daze. I did get thru Sat night and now we are home - I'm too tired to even think right now...

Mary said...

It is exhausting. I'm glad you had a nice diversion.