Thursday, September 3, 2009

Re-Shoot

So, I decided to re-shoot my little tabletop assignment. I had been going for a dark, moody, pewter-y look the first time, but it was just too dark. It was a learning opportunity. I learned about my camera's exposure compensation button - as in, it was set to take the picture two steps darker than the actual conditions. How it got set that way is beyond me. Actually it's not. I know what happened. I just don't think you want to labor through an entire paragraph about my camera's buttons.
So, here are my two favorites from this morning's re-shoot. I had one tiny break in the clouds (it's been cloudy for three days!) and I like these photos a lot better.




I really couldn't choose just one of these, so I think I'll leave them both on my flash drive...you know...so my professor can just pick his favorite and give me a good grade. Ahem.
Also, getta load of these super-tiny hats I made for my nephew! My hand is in there for size reference.



I've already started on a third one. I'm absolutely addicted to knitting preemie hats now. They're almost as cute as the baby they're for. Well, not really. He's awfully cute. Cuter than any living thing should be.
His mama came home from the hospital today. She sounds like she's starting to feel a little better, but I think we are all beginning to realize what a long, tough road is ahead for them. Little Nolan is doing remarkably well, but there is still a long way to go.

5 comments:

Mary said...

So, so cute. All the little preemie's are going to be asking for one.

Coming home without that baby is tough, tough, tough. God will give her strength to handle this. He does stuff like that. That's one of the reasons I like Him so much.

claibornes corner said...

I love those hats - I know everyone will be there for Joe and Mindy - the hardest part has to be going home without Nolan. We are all still praying for him. I can really see the "depth of field" in the new photo's - keep shooting girl..

mindy said...

Thanks again for Nolan's teeny hats...I'm so in love with them!! They will be making their way to the hospital at some point tomorrow. :)

And thanks so much for everyone's continued support and prayers...God had blessed all of us (baby Nolan included!) with the strength to get through this, and things keep improving every day. You guys make the process that much easier! Love to you all...

60ish and Glad said...

Christy, these photos are so beautiful. The first one is by far my favorite because it is subtle. It takes a second or two to see it and then you have this great aha! The little white flowers look so delicate and with them in focus it adds to their delicacy...if that makes sense. Anyway...beautiful. And...last night I got to touch his head. Nola likes his head touched. He lifts his little Bucklew eyebrows.

Christy said...

Thanks Mama :) It's my favorite too. For the same reasons.
I can't wait to see the Bucklew eyebrow lift on Nolan! EEeeek! He's so cute!