Monday, October 25, 2010

Dear Muscle Spasms in My Neck,
I need you to stop screaming and calm down. Listen, I know you need some attention - we all do sometimes - but right now, I just can't address your needs, okay? You're going to have to get in line and I will take care of you when it's your turn.
Yes. The back of the line.
Way back there behind the Titanium costume for Andrew's science class Element Day (Titanium? Seriously. How do you dress like Titanium?) and Emma's Halloween costume. Oh yes, and you'll have to also wait behind Emma's Florida history project that's due this week - all three parts of it that require me to make something - and my own English paper and math project.
I'd like to spend a little time at the piano too, so you can stand right behind Mr. Brahms.
Mmhmmm. That's it.
Good.
Now, hold steady. The giant molasses cookies, caramel apples and pumpkin carving party for Friday and the Saturday fundraiser and cookout are shoving to take your spot. If you're not careful, you'll wind up behind them too.
Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,
me

Daily Bliss: a bag of chocolate on sale - thank you Halloween candy time
Wake-up Playlist: Band of Horses, No One's Gonna Love You (more than I do)

9 comments:

Becky Nelson said...

Do you want me to bring my neck traction so you can borrow it? Depending on the nerve pinch, it can help...

Christy said...

Thanks Becky! You know, I honestly hadn't thought of that. My dad has one...I might try his out! And anytime you're up for a duet, just get me some music :) I'm sure it would be fun.

Amy Button said...

Ummmm, muscle relaxers?

Anonymous said...

Christy, I can't believe how long its been since I've even read your news. I feel so bad about your pain. I know exactly what you are going thru, I have broken down and chosen to do the one thing I swore to myself that I'd never (bad omen) do again. I am taking another course to upgrade for work. Its in the health care industry and totally foreign to me, causing me a lot of confusion and fear. It weighs on a person.

You sound like you're doing great with all that you are accomplish-ing, so try to get some rest and relax. I know you're up to the task.

Meg :)

mindy said...

as soon as i read the words "giant molasses cookies", i had to go back and reread your post...because i had forgotten what else you were talking about. i'm sorry, your cookies just have that kind of power over me.

claibornes corner said...

Ooh, I hate when Mr. Pain comes around - I just took some Ibro because I cleaned house for about 12 hours today!!! Rediculus...

Mary said...

Well yuck! I hope you are finding relief. Prayers for a better relationship with your neck muscles are on the way.

mindy said...

now that i go back and reread my comment, i see that i failed to mention anything about your neck spasms...and i completely intended to! i'm terribly sorry! i know i expressed my concern in person, but still, i wanted to reiterate here. i hate that you're in pain and i hope you find some sort of relief soon...

xoxo

Christy said...

Aw, Min. It's all good. I didn't even think a thing of it :)