Thursday, January 13, 2011

Psst

Alright. So.
In a smallish, sideways manner, I wanted to go ahead and tell you about my new project.

But wait!
Before you visit it, I want to tell you that it is still under construction. I mean, really completely under construction.

Mindy (my sister-in-law) and I have decided to do a photography project - a 52 project, to be exact. We both love to take pictures and I think committing to taking one picture every week this year is a really good way to make sure I'm still taking pictures when life gets too busy.

Who am I kidding? My life is always too busy.

I've already decided that I won't be doing any "photo shoots" this semester. I don't have a passion for portrait photography (unless I know you, then I really love to take your picture!) and I just have too many irons in the fire. But I was afraid I'd put my camera down and forget about it for a while. Having a project like this helps me remember to do what I really love to do with a camera - just take pictures of what's around me and what I love.

Some of you have asked me in the past about whether I would ever sell prints. My answer has always been something like, "Maybe someday. But I'm not really a photographer, see?" But my answer to that may be changing. I think that could grow out of this project. Eventually.

We are calling ourselves Two for Joy, and for now, it's just a fun blog (that is totally not all-the-way set up but I couldn't wait any longer to show you).

Just two girls. Two girls who love to take pictures. And that's enough.

7 comments:

Amy Button said...

I love it...

mindy said...

i'm so, SO happy you encouraged me to jump into this project with you! Every time i pick up my camera these days, i can't seem to put it down...and that's such a great feeling. :)

60ish and Glad said...

oh boy. This will be fun! We need to make a run to Alabama and get some awesome photos at my friend Kathy's house.

60ish and Glad said...

oh boy. This will be fun! We need to make a run to Alabama and get some awesome photos at my friend Kathy's house.

Mary said...

Very cool. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Jessica said...

Love it!

Becky Nelson said...

mmmm...maybe you could do something fun with the name like, 24joy. I'm just saying that because I like the number 24 as well as "two for."