Thursday, January 15, 2009

Chilly

OK, so, I know that it's not really cold here in Florida compared to everywhere else in the country (Oh, Julianna. I'm so sorry for you). But for us? It's pretty darn chilly.
It's a nice change of pace, even if it isn't the sundress-wearing, breezy, sunshiney weather I'm suddenly craving. Anytime I can get away with wearing my thrifted, navy blue, wool trench coat is nice.
When I got out of the car this afternoon, Emma told me I looked like a spy. Oh, yeah. If you are ever feeling small and mousy, a trench coat and a pair of black boots will set you right. Especially if you can wear sunglasses too.
For our running-around time this evening, though, I had to get out of those fussy dress clothes. What to do? We don't have winter coats really....

Layers. That's the thing.
Don't snicker at me. Let's see how you do when it's 97 degrees with 85% humidity.

There is lots of blog-worthy living going on here, I'm just not finding a good way to balance living it and blogging it both.

DAILY BLISS: tucking Emma into bed tonight, after singing a lullaby, her heavy eyelids drooped, she yawned a sleepy yawn and just for a second I saw a shadow of her smaller self pass over her face

6 comments:

Mary said...

Oh it is cold! So cold. I have a fire going and I'm contemplating what hot drink to make as I read blogs. I'm so thankful for good strong heaters and insulation. I am layered too, but I'm inside.

Amy Button said...

I remember the days of begging for cooler weather. Now I'm begging for warmer weather. It's 12 flipping degrees right now- not as cold as Chicago but still way too cold for a girl that doesn't like to wear coats. I'm dreaming of t-shirts and flip flops.

Rose of Sharon said...

I always dress in layers. I love your daily bliss for today, so sweet!

claibornes corner said...

Oh yeah - we're in the single digits already and wind chill below zero - had the fire going all night when the babies went out it was COLD......

frabjouspoet said...

Here's the thing. A friend of my from New England always says, "I don't care where you live. When the temperature dips below 50, it's cold." Don't feel ashamed that we're not in the single digits. It's COLD here. Period. I no longer feel the need to get into a comparison match.

Amy Button said...

Oh and 50 degrees in FL feels a whole lot colder than it does here. I know people make fun of it but it is the humidity.