Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Workin' Man

Andrew was invited tonight to be "at work" in the technology lab during his school's open house for prospective students. I had presumed this was a technology club deal, but upon my arrival, I discovered that he was the Sole Demonstrator aside from the son of one of the technology teachers.
They are starting up a Lego League team and his tech teacher is very eager to get him on board. I think it'll be offered as an elective rather than a club, which could be an issue since he's only allowed two electives. One is band, and he technically has to take P.E. in this next semester because he didn't take it in the first semester. But we have been assured that they will do everything possible to make sure he's involved.
Please note: he likes to be in control of the mouse. Every photo of him from this evening proved that he doesn't like someone else to be in charge of navigating!






That's my boy! Aren't you proud, Technology Tzar (I decided it's Tzar instead of Czar, simply because of the marvelous alliteration)?

DAILY BLISS: a trip to the organic market - I bought Celtic gray salt! Very fun, until I realized I had fallen prey to a "Stuff White People Like" trap. I'm just glad I didn't buy the Fleur de Sel. It cost three times as much per ounce!

STUCK IN MY HEAD: My Morning Jacket's "Highly Suspicious." Seriously. All day.

3 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

How rare - candid shots of Drew. he is such a geek! I love it. 11 - geek - confident - genius - Loves his mom - what more can you ask for?

Rose of Sharon said...

What a cool school and class! I love that they have a Lego League!! You should be proud of your son!

Stop by my blog sometime for some coffee and a visit!

Hugs, Sharon

Amy Button said...

Very cool! Every one should have a technology Tzar at home :)