Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Just Some Stuff

Nothing deep today. Kind of a random collection of loose ends that are flapping around in my head.

1) I'm working on some sidebar stuff here. I need to add little buttons for some of the other stuff I do, and I want to get a nice blog roll (I never know if that's one or two words...) going here. It'll take me a while to get it all up there, but you'll love all the places that I like to visit when I'm supposed to be working. I just know it.

2) I saw a wild baby hog yesterday. Really! At Emma's school, in the middle of suburbia. I'm not really sure how it got there, but there are some patches of woods and whatnot around, so it must have wandered from one of those. He stood there with his little belly jiggling as he snorted and wiggled his nose. He was really not sure what the big deal was and why there were so many two-footed pigs standing around and looking at him. Only in Polk County, people!

3) Aprony goodness is mine today! My friend Denise came by to share a few lovely goodies from a stash her step mom gave to her. There is even an orange one for my daughter, whose favorite color is orange (how great is that?). Pictures forthcoming. Just not tonight.

4) The church where I work was broken into last night. Nothing was taken and the alarm went off. But the pastor I work for is something of a drama queen. Man. It was drama central there today! I laughed a lot about it with Katelyn, our intern. Good times.

5) Speaking of drama, Chris' dad had a mild heart attack a couple of days ago. Pretty scary stuff. They put in a stint and are monitoring him now, but he's in good shape. You know, heart attacks aren't what they used to be. It almost seems like everyone is conveying to us, "Eh. He's fine. He'll be home in two days." Which I totally don't get, but OK. As long as he really is fine.

6) Last night, I took a long ride in a convertible with a buddy of mine while listening to some great music. It was so much fun and my hair is still a fabulous mess. That feeds the soul, girls.

7) Please check out Mindy's post about her favorite albums of the past year. It's pretty much the same list I'd make, but that's mostly because when I get an iTunes card, I call up Mindy and Joe and ask them what I should buy. By now, they know what I like and always steer me toward something really good, or at least they steer me away from buying Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. That could happen, you know. The only thing I think I'd add to it would be Raising Sand - which was released by Alison Krauss and Robert Plant. There was a lot of good sundress wearing that happened while listening to that album. There's good stuff on there that you won't hear on the radio and a little bit that you will.

8) I think that about covers it.

DAILY BLISS: wearing a big hoodie semi-sweatshirt (not quite a tee shirt, but it's not fleece either), curled up on my sofa - sometimes that's all you need, y'know?

7 comments:

claibornes corner said...

I sure hope Chris's Dad is OK - too many heart attacks in this family already! Our prayers are with him.....PS> I knitted some more tonight and no HOLES!!

Mary said...

I'm almost certain that our pastor said something about Herb Alpert last night...weird. And...I'm wearing one of those big hoodie semi-sweatshirts right now. It's my favorite shirt whether anyone else likes it or not.

Amy Button said...

I hope that Chris' dad is OK. And if it were me, I'd like for the Dr. to make a big deal out of it.

A baby hog! Too funny!

Trav and I checked out the "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks and laughed hysterically. That's a fun time waster.

Liz Harrell said...

Uh oh... I kind of like Herb Alpert. Told on myself with that one huh? :)

Christy said...

Amy - it makes complete sense to me that you and Trav would enjoy the unnecessary quotations as much as I.
Liz - I just knew we would be friends!! I kind of like Herb Alpert too. I have some of his stuff on actual vinyl!

mindy said...

thanks for the shout out, c! i love the new blog setup....especially the blog roll. you know i love that jenny gordy over at wikstenmade.

and joe and i were so relieved to get the update that chris's dad is doing okay. i'm sure that had to be a big scare for you guys...

frabjouspoet said...

Wild hogs are fun to see. I don't care what anyone says. I see them quite frequently on the way to work...sometimes crossing the road in front of my house! I had 2 rabbits bouncing around my yard the other morning. I just laughed and laughed at them.