Nothing deep today. Kind of a random collection of loose ends that are flapping around in my head.
1) I'm working on some sidebar stuff here. I need to add little buttons for some of the other stuff I do, and I want to get a nice blog roll (I never know if that's one or two words...) going here. It'll take me a while to get it all up there, but you'll love all the places that I like to visit when I'm supposed to be working. I just know it.
2) I saw a wild baby hog yesterday. Really! At Emma's school, in the middle of suburbia. I'm not really sure how it got there, but there are some patches of woods and whatnot around, so it must have wandered from one of those. He stood there with his little belly jiggling as he snorted and wiggled his nose. He was really not sure what the big deal was and why there were so many two-footed pigs standing around and looking at him. Only in Polk County, people!
3) Aprony goodness is mine today! My friend Denise came by to share a few lovely goodies from a stash her step mom gave to her. There is even an orange one for my daughter, whose favorite color is orange (how great is that?). Pictures forthcoming. Just not tonight.
4) The church where I work was broken into last night. Nothing was taken and the alarm went off. But the pastor I work for is something of a drama queen. Man. It was drama central there today! I laughed a lot about it with Katelyn, our intern. Good times.
5) Speaking of drama, Chris' dad had a mild heart attack a couple of days ago. Pretty scary stuff. They put in a stint and are monitoring him now, but he's in good shape. You know, heart attacks aren't what they used to be. It almost seems like everyone is conveying to us, "Eh. He's fine. He'll be home in two days." Which I totally don't get, but OK. As long as he really is fine.
6) Last night, I took a long ride in a convertible with a buddy of mine while listening to some great music. It was so much fun and my hair is still a fabulous mess. That feeds the soul, girls.
7) Please check out Mindy's post about her favorite albums of the past year. It's pretty much the same list I'd make, but that's mostly because when I get an iTunes card, I call up Mindy and Joe and ask them what I should buy. By now, they know what I like and always steer me toward something really good, or at least they steer me away from buying Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. That could happen, you know. The only thing I think I'd add to it would be Raising Sand - which was released by Alison Krauss and Robert Plant. There was a lot of good sundress wearing that happened while listening to that album. There's good stuff on there that you won't hear on the radio and a little bit that you will.
8) I think that about covers it.
DAILY BLISS: wearing a big hoodie semi-sweatshirt (not quite a tee shirt, but it's not fleece either), curled up on my sofa - sometimes that's all you need, y'know?