Friday, December 14, 2007

Words From My Son

Andrew so rarely says funny little things anymore. His funnies aren't the innocent observations of life anymore either. They're becoming more and more cleverly crafted...he laid one down in the car today.
Emma had purchased a box of Dove chocolates with her own money (yes, that's what she likes to buy - chocolate). She loves to open them up and read the sayings. And then keep the wrappers for inspiration. I kid you not.
But she shared one with Andrew. He announced that his wrapper read "decorate your life." And I slyly asked him what in the world he thought that might mean. In a feigned voice of shock and woe, he exclaimed, "my life is dull!"
I just thought that was well done.

DAILY BLISS: honeycrisp apples (they may replace my braeburns as favorites) and a heavy, gray sky

2 comments:

Mary said...

I've always liked that Andrew.

60ish and Glad said...

Now that is a a honed skill their with comments like that. Go Drew!!! He may be an Uncle Jon yet!