Friday, May 14, 2010

Landscapes

During this blogging break, I bring you...
a blog post.
I don't know why it happens that every time I say I'm not going to blog, I suddenly have stuff to say.
I'm feeling better, finally. Man. I haven't been that sick in years. But I'm hungry today, and half-a-box of Cheez-its later, I think I can honestly say I've recovered.
I kid.
It wasn't really half the box.
I don't think it was, anyway...
I'm going to have to double-check on that.

So, remember how I promised my friend Kate a couple of landscape photos?
Here they are. They're nothing too special. We don't have mountains or oceans here in my town. But we do have some swamps with lots of gators in 'em!



And we have giant oak trees, smothered in Spanish moss.



Wake-up Playlist: Beethoven, Piano Sonata no. 8 in C minor, op. 13
Daily Bliss: Really, just being able to walk upright today is good enough for me. Did I mention I was really sick?

6 comments:

Amy Button said...

I don't know how true this is, but I heard that most "stomach bugs" are food poisoning but if you do get an actual stomach virus, it's a doozy. So glad you're feeling better.

That first picture is gorgeous! Yeah, mountains and oceans are great (and a lot safer to lounge at) but this is beautiful in it's own right.

As a side note: I haven't had an alligator, shark or snake inspired nightmare since I moved away :D

60ish and Glad said...

wow! Awesome sunset. How much enhancement did it take or is that all natural?

Kate said...

I love the color of the sunset in Picture 1. And I LOOOOOOVE the Spanish moss in Picture 2!!!!

Thank you for sharing! :)

Christy said...

Amy - I've heard that too. I wondered at first, but I'm pretty sure it was a bug!
Mom - a lady never tells :)
Kate - I'm glad you liked 'em. Thanks for asking me to do it!

Mary said...

BEEYOUTEAFULL! Love these. Glad you're feeling better.

Unknown said...

That first photo is gorgeous! I love it! I like your blog a lot, I'm following now..Hope you check out mine when you get a chance!

http://jessraquelmyeternallove.blogspot.com/