Monday, August 9, 2010

Gardens

I've decided to break up the photos from the recent adventure into categories, for the most part, instead of days. The days blended together beautifully into swaths of sand and water, gardens and adventures that it's a little hard to tell which sunset or adventure happened on what day.
We will begin with the Naples Botanical Garden, which we visited on Day 1 of our journey. Though the day was oppressively hot (even for us Central Florida people), it was well worth the price of admission.









I was obsessed with all of the beautiful water lilies.








And the Children's Garden was marvelous. Here's a garden bed planted in a baby bed:



and here is a garden that I photographed with my aunt Claiborne in mind. I am nearly positive that I will go to her house one day soon and see her old purses nailed to her back fence with darling plants spilling out of them.

No comments: