Thursday, August 12, 2010

One Thing

So, there is one thing that I have not yet officially announced, and it's not necessarily a good thing.
I have arthritis.
Yeah, I know. It sucks.
But it's only in my wrist.
But it's my right wrist.
And yes it hurts, but the ice therapy I'm doing almost hurts worse.

This fate has befallen me as I am about to enter school full-time again to study piano and that sort makes me uncomfortable.

It isn't like I won't be able to play anymore, but I may not be able to do what I'd hoped to do with my skills.
Also, I think I will have to cut way back on the knitting.

My mother also has inflammatory disease(s) and hers are systemic - all over her body. I would be lying if I didn't tell you that makes me nervous. Of course, I know we aren't supposed to worry about the future, but sometimes a girl can't help it.

To that end, I have been contemplating some changes.

I don't know what they all will be yet, but I know that I won't be knitting a bunch of Christmas presents this year. And also?
Sigh.
Also, I will have to start taking care of myself. I mean, you know, like exercising and stuff.
I hate sweating.
Yuck.

So, one week from now, school begins.
Chris will be out of town.
I will be exercising.
I will be not knitting(much).
I will be playing the piano a lot-lot-lot.
And I will be re-focusing on photography a bit.
I thought about dropping the blog thing, but I think I'd miss you all too much.

I think it's time for me to narrow my focus on a couple of things and really, actually try to do them well instead of busying myself with myriad things that look impressive but don't require a mastery of skill to look impressive.

I don't know.

6 comments:

Amy Button said...

I'm so sorry, that really does suck. Big time. Selfishly though, I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures :)

60ish and Glad said...

It't tough to love doing everything, especially when everything doesn't necessarily include necessary things.

Mary said...

Did you hear about the lady who was mercilessly stung by a swarm of bees and it cured her arthritis? I don't necessarily recommend it, but if your neighbor's bees get a little crazy...don't be too quick to run inside.

I hope that doesn't sound too unfeeling of me. I don't mean to make light of it. I really hate it that you are suffering, especially in your wrists of all things.

I'll be talking to God about this one.

Christy said...

LOL - Mary, you *know* my sense of humor is a little twisted! Of course that wasn't unfeeling. It was hilarious :)

mindy said...

If you ever need an exercising partner you know I'll be happy to sweat along with you. :) So bummed about your news, but I'm glad to hear you're being proactive about doing what you can to help the situation and ease your pain. Hang in there, love.

Christy said...

Oy, Min. I'll have to get in better shape if I want to keep up with you!