Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Little Something

I had one last little item planned that I had to whip out before my self-imposed, arthritis-care knitting slow-down.
Some friends of ours are having a little baby girl and I had to knit something for her. I haven't yet had a little girl come into my life since learning to knit and I always look at all of the sweet little cardigans and sigh, dreaming of the day when I will knit some ruffles and pleats or a tiny bit of lace.
So, naturally, I had to seize the opportunity.
This is the Baby Kina pattern knitted up in Sirdar Snuggly DK yarn.
Also naturally, I couldn't leave well enough alone and just knit a sweater, so I whipped up a little skirt to match.
Also, since I whipped up a little skirt and knitted a sweater, I had to make a little rosette accessory.



Not knowing whether her parents would prefer the rosette on a headband or a onesie, I left it as-is and we can attach it to something later.
I really love the buttons. They might be my favorite part of the whole thing.



This is not to say that I will never again knit a baby sweater. Hardly! I just will have to plan ahead and not try to knit one up in three days' time. Slow and steady wins the race, right?

5 comments:

Mary said...

Delicious! Pretty fabric choices and lovely work on that sweater.

Thankfully for baby knitting, you will typically have months of warning.

Amy Button said...

So, so sweet.

Jessica said...

3 days? Wow. You are my hero even more now :) I'm so glad Nola has a little piece of Christy in her closet!

lubke-moss said...

Fabulous! L-O-V-E
:)

mindy said...

So adorable!

And I just heaved a huge sigh of relief when I read that last paragraph....because you know any future chillins I have will all require an Aunt Kiki sweater. That's just the way it is.