Saturday, August 28, 2010

This Day

Today,
I will breathe. I will breathe on purpose so that I remember to do it.
I will put one foot in front of the other.
That will keep me going.

I will put some things out of my mind so that I can do the things I have to do.

I will silently conduct two pages of rhythms -
maybe I will do that in front of the mirror, maybe not.

I will play Debussy with more passion than I've ever allowed myself to express.

I will celebrate one year of having a little nephew.
That is the biggest thing of all.
One year of life for a little one that started out on shaky ground and is now strong and smart and amazing.

I think this will be a good day.
I hope.

1 comment:

Amy Button said...

Hooray for breathing! Seriously, I can't help but wish that your schedule wasn't so hectic. But it's not forever, right?