Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Big News

I can't believe I've neglected to share my big news! When I realized I hadn't told you all, I couldn't let any more time pass - I came rushing straight to my computer. Mostly.
A week ago Monday, I gave notice at my office job that I would be leaving. I did it.

I'll let you take that in for just a minute.

Ready to move on?
Okay.
I know I already let on to the possibility, but here's the whole scoop:
The wifely half of the couple that own the studio where I have been teaching piano lessons has accepted a full-time faculty position at a local college. She asked me if I'd like to take on her piano students.
I know, right?
I pretty much squealed and jumped up and down - on the inside. I was, in actuality, much more subdued and professional about the whole thing.
You all know how I've struggled at my current job. I'm not even going to link back to previous posts about my job. I don't want to look for them and remember the bad stories. So, the opportunity was presented to me to do something I really love. It's not full time and probably only barely counts as part-time. But it's time enough that I can't balance the office job and the fun job.
To be honest, I will be taking a serious pay cut. This makes me very nervous. But I can't *not* do this. The way this door has opened for me - I didn't force it open or even knock, it was opened for me - leads me to trust that it's the right thing to do. My Provider knows my needs, and I'm not just talking about the financial ones.
I am more excited than I can even manage to express to you about this new adventure in my life. And you know that's something - when words fail me.
There are a few other things afoot as well.
My second photography class started tonight. It's definitely going to be a challenge, but I'm really looking forward to everything I'll learn (and to sharing my pictures with you).
And there may even be a new little etsy store opened up before this year is finished. That one's more of a long-term goal, but I'm working my way there slowly.

2010 indeed.

Promising.

8 comments:

Mary said...

This makes me so happy. Like teary eyed happy. God is so, so good.

Amy Button said...

I know I already said it on Facebook but I'm so excited for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy!! It's me, from Photo I. I am so jealous that you are taking II. . .I can't wait to see what you will be working on!!

~Leslie

frabjouspoet said...

Promising, indeed!

mindy said...

hooray hooray!!!!

lubke-moss said...

Awesome news Christy!!!!
I am so happy for you and pray the Lord's blessings on your new "fun" job. :) We should all be so lucky.
What do you plan on selling on Etsy? I heart Etsy. I just don't have enough time that I want to waste looking at all the goodies. :)
Take care.

Christy said...

Leslie!! I'm so happy you found me! I'll be sharing a little bit about assignments and stuff really soon - do you have a flickr account or anything so I can keep up with your work?

Candace - I haven't narrowed it down my etsy selections yet :) Probably my lotions again and hopefully some soaps, some hand knits and maybe even some clothing...it's in the very rough planning stages :)

christina said...

I definitely should have checked out your blog before calling yesterday!:)

I'm so excited for you, and can't wait to see how things progress!