Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Monday Tuesday

I knew today was going to be an "off" day. I had trouble waking up, but I guess that's my own fault for staying up late. But, I knew it was bad when I squirted Emma's fresh pigtails with, not hairspray - no, Febreeze. At least noone knew she hadn't had a bath.
I hadn't taken the time to fix/remove the peeling blackish-eggplant nail polish that was left on my overgrown fingernails, and I accidentally flipped the gas pump level too many times and stopped the whole transaction before it even started.
I spent all sorts of time on the phone today with insurance companies and stuff because I have a big medical appointment tomorrow - with someone (gasp!) outside my network. And the best I could do as far as the day's sound track went was hearing my favorite Metallica song on the radio this morning. Yeah, I have one. But it only made me feel more angry. Well, there was also the moment that I heard John Fogerty (CCR) ruminating about who would stop the rain. My mind dramatically turned to the people being pounded by hurricane Felix. That didn't lift me up exactly.
But tonight - oh tonight. Chris is staying at the Gaylord Palms in Orlando for work (so, he's not tooooo far away, but has enough work to do that it isn't worth it to come home). So, we went to hang out with Daddy for a while. Now, I have been there and absolutely adore the place, but we've never brought the kids. They have this huge atrium right in the middle with waterfalls and little rivers and fish and alligators. We even caught the evening alligator feeding while we were there. Super-cool. So, thought I've already posted quite a bit today, I'm going to put all sorts of pictures here:

It's hard to get boys to sit still for photos:










But little girls are always happy to pose:













This one's for Nana. Don't know why, but something tells me you'll love it:





Happy to see Daddy:




Most acceptable shot of me -ugh.







Also happy to see Daddy:)



Look what Emma found! In case it's too small to read, that sign says "Spa Club":

2 comments:

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

I had a Monday Tuesday too. Due to yesterday's drama in the hospital, I hadn't gotten things in order for today. I feel like I've been playing catch-up all day! It's the down side of a holiday weekend, I guess... and proof positive that there is no such thing as a day off for mothers.

claibornes corner said...

Nana LOVES that pose!!!