Thursday, September 13, 2007

Breathing Room

This week has whizzed past me. I feel like I'm moving from event to event, from task to task, like following a series of knots on a never-ending rope (probably in the dark). I'm just tugging along, stopping only to drop into bed when necessary, and never with the satisfaction of coming to the end of the rope. Hm. Maybe that's the wrong metaphor. It seems like coming to the end of one's rope usually is a bad thing.
Anyway....
Chris is home now and I mailed off the last of my lotion to Becky's huge retreat. I am still looking at packing up the house in the next couple of days for our tenting event (the one that was supposed to happen a few weeks ago, but we couldn't get the gas shut off in time) and the annual Autumnal Equinox party is only a week away, and then Emma's birthday comes two weeks after that and...the ands are endless. But for tonight, I will breathe.
I saw an alternative health practitioner (!) last week who did some blood work (she's a real doctor too) and put me on a very restrictive diet for a few weeks, until tests for food allergies and other things come in. Can I just say that I feel like s*@t? No coffee and no sugar either! I already had a laundry list of things I couldn't eat before that....but the added restrictions coupled with some medicine I'm taking are making me feel just terrible. It should get better in another couple of days. But still.
Now, in the interest of saying something interesting, I will tell you what interrupted my Dreary March of the Tasks the other morning. I had noticed the most precious little bird sleeping in the eaves of my back porch the night before. In the morning, I went out to switch some laundry and must have shut the door pretty hard. It scared the little bird. He flew right into the open back door that leads to my bedroom! Poor thing was terrified. I jumped up on the bed (which is amazing as my bed is very tall) to shut off the ceiling fan. We turned off lights hoping he'd head outside, but it was still too dark for him to see that it was outside. Through some chasing and general trickery, I did get him out the back door. It probably took five minutes. It felt more like forty-five. But not in a bad way. I just wanted to put him on my finger and talk to him a little while and I felt so bad that he was so scared.

DAILY BLISS: Hanging out with my family and iced Passion tea from Starbucks

No comments: