Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My Poor Baby

Now, ya'll know how much I love my house. Imagine your sweet darling looking like this:

It's a little disconcerting. I suppose that right now, my house is wondering what it did to deserve this - abandoned and desolate, without a stitch of food or provision within its walls and sequestered under a big orange blanket. Yech. It must be stuffy under there too.
I'm tempted to drive by it tonight in the middle of the night and whisper sweet comforts to it. I'm sure it will understand, even from the required distance.

DAILY BLISS: a cup of apple cider, even though it isn't anywhere near cool and crisp here (more like overly warm and humid) and putting tomorrow's dinner in the crock pot tonight - it's wonderful to look forward to an easy afternoon in the kitchen!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, that looks so crazy! I can see how it would make you feel sorry for your home. I hope the great unveiling is as pleasant as this is disconcerting.

Matthew Hughes said...

Wow. I am so sorry. I know you are just counting the days till you are bug free. Well...if you do go talk to the house...don't tell anyone. :)