Sunday, September 9, 2007

Of Hair and Mess and Sleep

To appease Mary (all pregnant women should be appeased, not teased), here are some photos of my gun-holster-scissors hair guru from last time I brought Emma. I forgot my camera this time.











So, here is my new hairdo:


I took a lot of goofy photos of it because the DH is still gone and needs to see that he has a new woman waiting at home. I do love getting my hair done. I've never been timid about that stuff - I usually sit in the chair and when I'm asked what I want done, I say something like, "I don't know - whatever you feel like doing today." I've never been tooooo disappointed.....
So, Friday night, I did stay up until 4:30 AM making lotion for Becky's women's retreat! Ha! I grossly underestimated how much time it takes to make stuff for 300 women! But I had a lot of fun doing it and it gave me something to complain about the next day and isn't that all we girls want anyway? So, got the hair done and barely made it through the day. I tried to nap, but the sleepies never approached me. They must have known that I was desperate and sleepies don't like desperate people.
I have to say, though, that my children and my house have been neglected during all of this holding-down-the-fort-while-hubby-travels business. By this morning, the entire house was trashed. I had to do the grocery store thing because, well, we had to eat, and then I madly cleaned up and sat down to eat some supper while I tried to read the chapters in the book we would be discussing tonight at church, only to have church people start to arrive way before I was done with my reading. So, at least I had gotten the living room cleaned up. I went to hack my way through the Kitchen Mess Jungle in pursuit of my coffee pot. I apologized for the condition of the kitchen and my room - it's atrocious. I'm not that concerned about housework and making false impressions on others. They know that my house isn't perfect and neither am I. But it was really bad. In fact, when I went to wash my hands after making coffee, I found my underwear on the floor from my shower earlier in the day. I know for a fact that at least two people had to step over it to use the bathroom before I got in there and found it.
So much for keeping up appearances.
But at least I have a great haircut.

DAILY BLISS: washing dishes after everybody left - "Fat Bottomed Girls" (Queen) in my iPod, and a Fufu Berry Jones Soda.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks for the pics. He looks very odd, which means he's probably really good. Obviously he's done a great job with your hair. You do look fabulous! The color looks great with your eyes too.

Regarding keeping up appearances. I like to make my house spotless for people who've never been there, just so they know I'm capable. After that I try to be courteous, so they aren't uncomfortable in my home, but I remind myself that if they catch us living here, it's only the truth.

yummy fufu berry.

claibornes corner said...

Great "Do" Nana

Christy said...

Thanks for the affirmation girls :)

Matthew Hughes said...

Your hair looks great! Thanks for your helping Becky with the lotion.
It smells wonderful!
Matthew

frabjouspoet said...

Your new 'do looks FABULOUS! Part of me is so happy that bangs are back in now. So what color is your hair? I'm getting a little bored with my Havana and have been thinking about trying a red again.

frabjouspoet said...

Your hair guy looks a lot like Dave Matthews. Does he sing, too?

Christy said...

Thanks girl! I get my color at Sally's - it's Feria and I used either Red Hot Hot Red or Double Intensity Auburn something or other. I usually just grab something within the same row and mix it with whatever I have leftover from last time I colored my hair. It keeps things interesting. I think you'd be a cute redhead.
And Jimi doesn't sing that I know of, but he is a drummer in a band :) He'll be pleased to know he looks like Dave Matthews!