Friday, October 19, 2007

Jittery

Well, partake of the beautiful bean juice, I did!
Yesterday morning, my hubby forgot to make the celebratory pot of coffee. He was out of the habit, and by the time I was ready for my first morning cup and realized there was none to be had, it was too late to brew a pot.
No matter.
I dropped the dog off at my parents' house (yes....my neurotic poodle has to spend the day with their dogs to avoid panicking and puking all over the place) and my dad asked me how was my first cup of coffee. I told him I hadn't had any. He sent me into his kitchen straightaway to remedy that. I told him it was alright. I work at a Lutheran church. He exclaimed, "to the Lutherans, coffee is a minor sacrament!" I laughed. But I drank that coffee!
When I got to work, Julianna had a wonderfully fragrant pot of special coffee (I think it's the one she brings home from her coffee shop when she goes to visit her parents in Kansas. It's fancy, out-of-state coffee.) - I have seldom tasted a flavor I like better.
I drank two cups.
A little later that morning, the Pastor walked in with a tray of Starbucks. Plant City just got its first Starbucks, you see. So, in celebration of that and of my first day to rejoin the real world, he thoughtfully brought me a treat. I thought he'd get a kick out of the "minor sacrament" joke. He gave me a wild-eyed look and shrieked, "minor!?!?!?"
I drank that cup too.
By noon, I'd had the equivalent of four or five cups of coffee (because not all of those cups were exactly small....). I was veryproductive at work yesterday.
And a sweet older man, one of the Elders who happens to be moving away next week, brought me a box of chocolates to thank me for all of the work I do for the church. Should I have eaten them? Technically, no. I am still supposed to avoid sugar and milk for now, among other things. Did I eat them?
Yes.
With gusto.

DAILY BLISS: lush curtains of rain this afternoon

4 comments:

Mary said...

That's a lot of coffee. I get jitters after a cup of decaf so I can't imagine...

claibornes corner said...

Nothing like a hyped up hot mama!!!!

60ish and Glad said...

Be careful! The road to demise can easily slip up on you. Spoken from she who eats cookie cakes.

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

This is she who eats cherry pies chiming in. Just to say I'm so happy for you! Happy enough to accompany you on the road to demise. Hee hee!