Thursday, October 11, 2007

Not Much

This was a nothing-ish sort of a day. But, with the recent dearth of posts, I feel obligated to at least check in. So, here are a few highlights:
It was a good day inasmuch as I wore a red polka dot shirt with matching red lipstick. Red lipstick is a powerful force. I even gave my hair a nice blowout this morning. Did I have time? No. Was it worth it? Well, it was today.
I started - scratch that - re-started a blankie for my soon-coming nephew. It's a nice feeling to get a good inch or two into a new project. It Means Something. It's a commitment when you've gotten that far.
It is now less than a week before my follow-up visit to the natural-practice doctor. I hope I can have coffee back after that. I am optimistically saying that I have six days and counting before my next cup of joe. I miss that beautiful bean juice. Maybe someday I will write an ode to coffee.
I did some housework at my mom's while listening to the Beatles. Oh - and John Mayer. Nice.
And I laughed out loud today. At a funny email forward. Go figure. They're never really that funny!
So, having left out the boring parts and the science homework parts, that sums it all up for the day.

DAILY BLISS: DH packed the kids' lunches as a surprise, and had a cup of herbal tea waiting for me this morning! Oh - and thank you notes from the church youth group where I work, just thanking me for what I do there. SOOOO nice!

3 comments:

claibornes corner said...

gotta love red lipstick!!!!

60ish and Glad said...

I wonder if the kids had a surpirse in their lunches??? Dads aren't always the best at remembering how to make the right sandwich, which jelly to use, cutting the crust for this child while carefully removing the seeds from the watermelon for that one. But what a guy. He almost has earned the right to have you!

Christy said...

AWwww, mama! Thanks :) He's pretty good with what needs to be done, except he gave Drew PBJ, which he hates. But we knew that before we left the house, and told Drew he'd have to live with it.