Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Not My Day

I started out my day thinking I'd do something nice. I got a shirt for my birthday this year from the Director of Music at work. It's...um....not something I'd pick for myself. I wore it right after my birthday on a Wednesday (she comes in Wednesday mornings for worship planning with the pastor) and I decided to get one more Wednesday under my belt before she started to suspect I didn't like it. I don't like to hurt people's feelings, you see. I even told the kids that I'd pick them up in car line today. That way nobody would see it.
I apparently didn't get the memo that she wasn't coming in today. Julianna laughed at me. And I was stuck in The Shirt all day long. This is my pasty little fist sticking out of the sleeve. The whole shirt looks just like this:

But now, I'm thinking that I might stretch the two times to be "several times" that I've worn it to the office, just in case she ever asks.
But I think the rest of my day may have been a direct result of having worn that shirt. I got a lot done, but everything was more work than it should have been. I had to re-do tasks that should have been simple, I wasted even more time with the post office but finally got that done, and my printer wasn't playing nice with my computer. I tried to intervene, but it didn't help much. I think I just pissed the printer off.
Now, it's 5:30 and I have no idea where the day has gone. I had so much more I wanted to get done. I realize that the day isn't over, but I know I will not squeeze much more into it.
Oh well.
My brother just called and he's coming over for dinner. That is sure to be my daily bliss. Yesterday's was having coffee with my sister-in-law. Grown-up, out-after-dark coffee. But since my bro hasn't arrived yet and I'm trying to hammer out a post quickly, I'll think of somehthing else....

DAILY BLISS: cooler air is headed our way and knitting on a rainy, cozy day and the discovery that all-fruit jelly is pretty good on oatmeal in circumstances when you are not allowed to have sugar/honey/syrup/molasses

6 comments:

Mary said...

Um yeah, I don't know if I could be nice enough to wear the shirt. However, it does match your blog skin nicely so it's not a complete waste.

I hope you had a good time with your brother.

Matthew Hughes said...

I am sorry you had a bad day. I love the shirt. I wonder if there is a mens version?

Amy Button said...

Yikes! I love that color, it's one of my faves but it doesn't always translate well into an entire garment. Too much of a good thing? But God bless you for being such a nice person- I'm not sure I could be that nice either.

mindy said...

poor christy! it looks like your arm is morphing into a lime green yeti....i'm so sorry you had to wear this. :(

p.s. having coffee with you the other night was my daily bliss, as well!

60ish and Glad said...

Christy I LOVE that shirt - Can I have it!!

Christy said...

Um, yeah, if you want it....