Friday, October 5, 2007

A Super-Fun Day

This will be a high-photo, low-word-count post. I wanted to get these up here quickly before I dive headfirst into birthday party prep (i.e. baking 3 kabillion cupcakes).
I went with Emma's class on a field trip to Green Meadows Farm, which is just my kind of field trip - hands-on, lots of critters.
Here are the farm girls. You can see that I look very sleepy. This is because my doctor won't let me have coffee. At all.

Here's The Chicken Whisperer. She sweet-talked the hens until they trusted her enough to let her hold them.


This is a zorse! Yes, a zebra/horse! I could not have dreamed up a better name even if I tried. It. Was. Cool.

Piglets and goats












Pony rides and a tractor (this one's for Grampy)













A train ride (we are very sweaty and hot) and a hay ride (not pictured :) )












AND......
The pumpkin patch!


DAILY BLISS: milking a cow and our tour guide telling me, in all seriousness, that I should work there (I probably had more fun with the animals than most of the kids.....)

3 comments:

claibornes corner said...

milking cows???? I don't think so....Nana

Susan said...

Christy...You're quick in getting your pics posted. I believe you have captured the day perfectly. Enjoyed scanning your posts. Check out pureflorida.blogspot.com and you'll see what I mean about the Friday Food Fest and his sense of humor. See you tomorrow for Emma's birthday.

Christy said...

Hey Susan!
I can't wait to check it out (probably after the party!). And, I'm not usually that fast with getting photos up, I just had to sit for a minute before I started in on cupcakes, and with tomorrow being birthday, I didn't want these pics to get lost with the birthday ones....