Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Misty Moisty Morning

It was my turn to walk the kid this morning. Chris and I take turns going on morning walks with Drew for exercise and for connecting with him as he's getting older. But I don't handle mornings very well - especially not pre-six-a.m. mornings.
I was up late last night making lotion for a pretty big order, so this particular morning was more difficult than most. Plus, I still can't really have real coffee. And guess what? It was wet outside. Not real rain that would force a cancellation of the walk, just a fine, chilly mist (chilly being relative, of course, to our mid-seventies mornings of late). But we plugged along and made it back home.
The sun never did really make it back out and I, for one, was glad. It's windy and the sky is crowded with low, cotton-y clouds and it's been intermittently misting all day. It was hard for me to concentrate at work because of all this. I just wanted to be outside, sitting on a bench and letting the mist have its way with my hair while the wind told me secrets about where it had been before it got here.
No such luck, though I did manage to keep my door open all day long and some of the weather snuck in to visit me at my desk.
I bet I'd be happy living in Seattle or even London. But Seattle has better coffee, I guess. I don't think I'd ever be one of those people who goes crazy because they haven't seen the sun. I like drizzly weather the best.
I suppose I haven't anything of substance to say. My head is foggy and my body is aching for bed, which is unusual for me. I tend more toward the insomniac side of sleep disorders. I just may chuck all responsibility and head to bed here very soon, which would also be highly uncharacteristic. But also highly satisfactory.

DAILY BLISS: I drove by an Amtrak train (I love trains) and I just wanted to get on it and go. I didn't care where. But it looked like fun. Oh - and a music pastor today asked me over the phone if I was in the church choir. I told him no. He said it was a shame and that I had a beautiful voice. I don't even care how he concluded that without hearing me sing, but it made my day.

4 comments:

Mary said...

I love October weather but I like the mix of cold and sunshine on colored leaves. Love it!

Misty mornings do tend to make one sleepy and melancholy. It sounds like your poet came out yesterday and you weren't allowed to go and play with her.

Nice music pastor.

claibornes corner said...

A train ride to Seattle - me and you - sounds like heaven!!!!

Christy said...

Yeah - I think you're right Mary. I hate it when I'm not allowed to play with her.
And Nana? I'm SO there with you. Let's do it sometime soon!

frabjouspoet said...

I was thinking the same thing yesterday and even mentioned to my students how much I love gray, rainy days. Why on earth I live in Florida, I'll never understand!