Friday, October 26, 2007

This 'n' That

I have claimed to be doing a lot of knitting lately. Normally, when something creative is going on, I like to post photos. But this is all Christmas knitting, and most of the recipients read this blog, so....no photos. But, the Nephew Blankie, I think, is safe to show. I don't think our out-of-state fam reads this blog (partly because they would not very much like the fact that we drink and swear sometimes, and since I don't want to worry about whether I remembered to edit that part out, they don't know it exists). So, here is Nephew Blankie, and it is my very own, very rudimentary design. I used a gulls and garter stitch and added a moss stitch border. I'm sure it was in very bad design taste, because you have to add an extra stitch once you start the main pattern, as moss stitch is worked in even numbers and the other is worked in an odd number. But, I'm a newbie, so....I don't know what I'm doing and I enjoy exploring things without having to pay attention to all the rules.



As you can see, I have been knitting at least one thing. You'll have to take my word on the rest of it. It's also been requested of me to design some Santa Suit beer bottle koozies for Christmas Light Day. That's the day shortly after Thanksgiving when all the males in the family go house-to-house to put up the outdoor Christmas lights. That's also the day when all the chicks go and buy new Christmas jammies. It's a win-win, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm really looking forward to it! And, seriously, I am really hoping to have time to work on those koozies. They sound AWESOME. That was one of those things where a conversation just snowballs and it ends up with me saying something like, "Yeah. I think I can do that!" And then I have to do it, because some inner creative impulse tells me I must give birth to nearly all projects that enter my brain.
I'm still overwhelmed with papers everywhere in my house. I cleaned off my desk last week, only to clean the rest of the house and move all the scattered paper piles...to my desk. Shoot. I think I'm back to square one with that.
Um, the weather is nicer, but still not nice. Low eighties and humid. I guess that's better than mid nineties and humid, which it has been until this week. I'm really anxious to pull down my sweaters and jean jackets. Sigh.
Struggling with technology again today. My wireless keyboard and mouse set at work just don't want to work with my new computer. I thought that it may have been some small thing I was missing. I have this tendency to be very deep into a task and completely miss the small, obvious solutions. So, I called in Julianna. She's way better than I am at troubleshooting this sort of thing. The good news is that I didn't miss anything. The bad news is she couldn't get it to work either. She concluded that my whole problem was leprechauns. Living in my machine. Making mischief. And I concur.
Also, I am less than 1/4 into about four books right now. It's starting to bother me. I'm not usually a multiple-book person, and I think it's because I like to plow through something and get it done right away. It's like horcruxes for reading. I've split my literary soul into so many parts that I have destabilized the whole being.
So, those are a few of the scattered bits of me at the moment.

DAILY BLISS: Family movie night, potato chips (which I CAN still eat!) and my favorite, long-sleeved, super-soft Ralph Lauren black tee shirt.

2 comments:

Mary said...

That blanket is so pretty. I like the stitch and it looks really soft. Little nephew is very blessed.

Christy said...

Thanks Mary! Your aesthetic opinion actually means a lot to me :) You have always had a beautiful, simple sense of style.