Friday, November 23, 2007

Ahhhhh.

Turkey has been eaten. Family has been celebrated. Thanks has been given. People are starting to go back home now and my Christmas tree is even up.
But I'm holding off on the full holiday swing. What am I waiting for? For the completion of our house-cleaning. It's a floor-to-ceiling clean - or rather a ceiling-to-floor clean. It's much more efficient to clean from the top down. And it's taking forever. We're kind of spreading out Christmas into the rooms as we finish cleaning them up. So, we are now down to Emma's room and mine and I'm not sure if Christmas will ever reach these rooms. It's just too intimidating to look at the piles of stuff. There's a box of clothes to go through on my floor that has been there for so long that the dog has decided to make it her bed. She's sleeping in the box right now, as a matter of fact. My desk that was clean a while back? It's not clean at all now.
Sigh.
I love my house. But right now I'm wishing that it would magically turn into a three bedroom, two bath house with a fireplace and closets. I would just shove everything into the closets and light a fire and have some hot chocolate. No wait - I'm not allowed to have hot chocolate. Make that an herbal tea. Well, I guess that if this is just imaginary, I can have hot chocolate.
As it stands, I will have to settle for a bath and my own willpower to ignore the un-done things and enjoy a lovely evening with my husband, who is in vacation mode still and doesn't have to return to work until Monday. And I really love Vacation Chris. He's a completely different man from Everyday Chris. I mean, Everyday Chris is a wonderful guy and all, but Vacation Chris has some noticeable differences. He's much more fun and makes silly jokes more often. He is relaxed and doesn't shave his beard.
So, fireplace? No. But we do have herbal tea.

DAILY BLISS: An impromptu tea party, even if I was too busy and steeped the tea WAYYY too long, and high heels with jeans

3 comments:

Mary said...

Way to go on the house cleaning. I think I would feel more festive if I did a ceiling to floor clean too. I can't decide if I'm inspired or not...it's too early.

60ish and Glad said...

Yes and you are looking way too sexy in high heels and jeans!!

Christy said...

Thanks mamasita :)