Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Vacation-ette Report

So, we're back from the mountains. It was a small vacation - not nearly what we really needed. But it was good anyway. It's so nice to see Chris' family - we only see them twice a year or so. And the weather was beautiful! I guess, because of the dry weather, the leaf color didn't peak until right before we got there. So, here's what greeted us:

There were ladybugs everywhere. In case you didn't already know, Emma's room is decorated with ladybugs and we often call her "bug," for ladybug.

We took walks and enjoyed the scenery. Notice that Emma is still framing her missing teeth with her smile:

On the way up, I knitted and knitted in an effort to finish stocking caps for the kids. The idea was that I would take a wonderful mountain-ish picture of them in stocking caps and send it out as a Christmas card. I never get around to sending Christmas cards. I had hoped this would be the year. Most of the photos of them came out like this:

We were in this tiny little chapel in the area - it was really beautiful and small. There was a Bible open to Matthew on the pulpit. Here, Emma is being the lector:

I spent most of my time curled up by the fire, trying to finish Nephew Blankie. I did it in the late, late night before we left. Whew!

Games were played, breakfast was made, and some of us fell asleep on couches:


I almost stuck a photo of me making breakfast in there. But, uh, I realized that it was a pajama shot. Pajamas and public don't always mix. Maybe there will be a pajama shot on Christmas, but somehow that is more acceptable!
Anyway, we had a lot of fun. And traffic was fine on the way back. My hands were busy making my brother's Christmas present and our iPod thingy that connects to the radio (see how smart I am?) was being temperamental. So, I held it in just the right spot with my toes. Thought you'd get a kick out of this anyway:


Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.

DAILY BLISS: getting the Christmas tree up today (this usually takes us several days due to the busy nature of the season) and making pumpkin pie from real pumpkins

2 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

Busyness - too busyness spoils the beautiful moments that were.....looks like you did a good job of catching a few of them and putting your busyness down. That's my girl! The stocking caps are amazingly cute.

Mary said...

What a nice mini-vacation. It looks like you got a lot of knitting done. The hats look great and the faces beneath them are pretty cute even when they are trying hard not to be.