Friday, November 2, 2007

Knissues

I'm having knitting issues, guys.
My sister-in-law, Mindy, was the first one to say she wanted a scarf when I learned how to knit. So, I practiced up on a few other peoples' gifts, and now I'm ready to start on hers. I want hers to be extra-special, 'cause she is (awwwwww). And I'm just stuck. I think I'm aiming for such perfection that it's impossible to really hit it. So, I'm asking for some help.
Since she reads this blog, I can't exactly post photos and ask you what you think. I don't have a website that I can link to and make a little temporary page or something. So...I just made another quick blog with a poll in the corner. I'm sure there are much more clever ways to go about it, but that's the best I could come up with and it only took, like, five minutes.
Here's the deal. I have two patterns started and I can't choose between them. Take a look and let me know which one you like. I have a leaning toward one, but I don't want to say which one, in order to refrain from giving you a biased view, and also so that I can say "yeah, that's the one I liked," regardless of which one you all choose :)
Also, I'm feeling a little unsure about the color.
Also, the pictures are not very good.
Sorry.
So anyway, Mindy, no clicking, but everyone else.....check out what I've got on the needles at www.mindyschristmasscarf.blogspot.com.

DAILY BLISS:
These shoes:

Chris doesn't know I bought them yet. But seriously - how. cute. are. these peeking out from under wide-leg jeans? A smile with every step.


I mean, I've been listening to Kent most of the night (thanks to my brother), but I'm thinking about finding that Paolo Nutini song about New Shoes!
Anyway, bliss is new shoes AND my windows open, curtains billowing out in the dark night breeze.

7 comments:

Amy Button said...

Love the shoes- and the scarves.

claibornes corner said...

gott love dem red shoes!!!!

60ish and Glad said...

Who the heck are all these music makers??? Whatever hapened to the simpler times where there was ONE hit parade and you knew every singer...like Connie Frances and Frankie Avalon. Of course that was all before my time....

mindy said...

Christy-lee, you know I'll love whatever you make for me! You're so creative and talented....I'm just sad that I don't know how to knit a handmade scarf for YOUR Christmas present. I'm resigned to buying something at a store that someone else has made, while you're knitting love into every stitch of your creations. Seriously, thank you for all the effort you're putting into this project...that alone makes my scarf priceless!!

p.s. Love those red, patent leather shoes, girl!

Christy said...

Mindy-loo, I think it's precisely because you will love whatever I make that I want to make it extra-special:)
And Mom, you're not supposed to know who the singers are. As a matter of fact, I'm really too old to know who these musicians are. I only know about cool music because I have cool younger brothers who have not yet entered into the abyss of parenthood. You know - the one where you completely lose touch with the rest of the world around you?

Mary said...

To Mindy: apparently new shoes send her into bliss...maybe you could be apprenticed by a cobbler and whip out some pretty boots before Christmas. Or maybe just buying some would be simpler.

To Christy: The scarves are beautiful...and the shoes would certainly be a reason to smile.

mindy said...

Mary, you're exactly right! ....I have witnessed the strange, intoxicating power that shoes seem to possess over my dear sister-in-law (I must admit that I have a small obsession with them as well). :] Perhaps this cobbling could save me money...hmm.