Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sunflower Fun

Okay, so, one more post before I traipse off to the mountains. Because I did slarp through the mud this morning to get close up to the flowers. Yes, that's two days in a row that the farmers and harvesters working on the beans growing in the rest of the field saw this crazy woman get out of her car waving a camera all over the place.
I love sunflowers. As a matter of fact, when I was in college (that one year) my friends and I gave each other princess names - all flowers that seemed to suit our personalities. And I was Princess Sunflower. But I got married pretty soon after that, so I moved up to Queen Sunflower. And if I ever get a tattoo, there's a good chance it'll be a sunflower, just so you know. I've been trying to talk my husband into that for ever so long. No dice.



















My money would be on this one to get painted by my aunt. Nana, something in the composition reminds me of you.

There are several more photos, but I don't want to bore you!

DAILY BLISS: decaf coffee and standing out on my porch's knee wall to let the approaching cold front slap me in the face with its wind

7 comments:

claibornes corner said...

That painting will be for you - I love of them and thinking "Series of Sunflowers". See ya Wedesday! Nana

Christy said...

Oh, oh, oh! That would be wonderful! And I think a series would be such a nice step, since you already have a series of poppies.
See you soon!

Amy Button said...

Love them! I've never seen those colors before but you can bet I'm going to try to find them and plant them next year.

Mary said...

Thanks for getting muddy so you could share your sunflowers. They are very pretty and I appreciate it.

claibornes corner said...

It seems we both did not "get" what Uncle Kenny meant - I thought he meant zoom the hell out of there! He laughed and and said no "zoom lens"!!!! Zoom the flowers instead of going into the field - ah, but he does not understand the power of the "creativity" - ya gotta get close! We'll get him next week with the zoom zoom!

Christy said...

Sadly, that's about as "zoomed" as my camera will get. It's pretty old and a little crappy by now. It's only, like, 4 megapixels or something.
So, you see, I was forced to get up close....which is way more fun anyway :)

Sandy said...

Wow I love your pictures. I too love Sunflowers and have them all over my house in some way. Thanks for sharing them with us and I had to laugh at the image of you in the dress and hills out in the field, that sounds just like something I would do. :D