Monday, November 12, 2007

Things I'm Thinking About Today

1) That new Foo Fighters song, "The Pretender." Now, I like Foo Fighters as much as the next guy (which is always less than my husband likes them, no matter how you figure it). Anyway, when I hear Dave Grohl sing that line "What if I say I'm not like the others?" I always want to go all Sesame Street on his ass and sing "One of these things is not like the others." Am I the only one? Probably. Notice that that would not be funny if I just said "butt" or "hinie" just then.
But, sometimes things are only funny to me and I still decide that they are worth saying.

2) I have seen a lot of bumper stickers lately that say "Watch out for motorcycles." This bothers me. Shouldn't we be looking out for them equally as much as any other oncoming vehicle? Shouldn't they take full responsibility for driving in something that does not encase their fragile flesh in steel and that does not offer a seat belt? In the interest of full disclosure, most of the men that I hold dear drive motorcycles (though I'm never sure if the correct term is "ride" motorcycles). But I trust that they would not want any special treatment.

DAILY BLISS: The field I drive by on my way to work is now planted with multi-colored sunflowers. It's an incredible sight!

2 comments:

claibornes corner said...

ooooooh, take pictures of the sunflower field for me to paint!!! Maybe they will still be in bloom next week and we can go...can't wait to see you and everyone...Nana

Large said...

I think number two is a very good point, my dad rides, I think its ride not drive though