Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I Guess I'm Just Boring Right Now

I was reading over some older blog posts today, and I have to admit that there were some great stories in there. They seemed to fly into my brain at an astonishing rate! From the looks of things, it was nearly a daily occurrence. I haven't written a good story-post in a really long time and that makes me feel like I'm getting boring.
I hope it's a phase. I hope it's a Boring For Now phase or something. I like stories, and try as I might, I couldn't make any of today's happenings sound clever or fun.
Here are the dry details:
1) The kids are enjoying summer so far. My dear friend Denise (we've known each other since we were - well, I was six or seven, so I guess she was eight or nine. We were neighbors in Minnesota. Woah. Sorry. My punctuation has created some awkward sentences here. Anyway, my dear friend Denise is watching my precious little ones for the summer this year. I am so grateful that I've not had to hand them over to a bunch of adolescents working for minimum wage at a summer camp! They are already having a blast, and they're looking forward to lots of fun.
2) I ran into an old friend from my teenage years this evening at Wal-Mart. It's always when you're stinky and messy at the end of the day that you run into people, y'know? He helped me remember who I used to be and some of the possible reasons that my life is story-less right now.
3) My pie from Monday is all gone. I miss it already.

DAILY BLISS: a little shopping time all to myself - $25 goes a long way if you work hard enough and shoulder rubbing from my honey (even as I type this, he is working his magic)

5 comments:

frabjouspoet said...

Okay, so I can't help but wonder how you "used to be"!

Joe said...

Yes, C. What's different? What's the same?

Christy said...

Oh dear. You guys are going to take me to task on this one, huh? Well, Alli, Joe could probably do a better job of telling you what I was like as a teenager than I could :) You never know yourself that well at sixteen or so....
And, Joe, your question is going to require more thought to properly answer. Dangit. It's probably more of a post-length answer than a comment-length answer....

frabjouspoet said...

Okay, well let me throw in the one thing that always stood out to me about you as a teenager. One night, Becky, Ian, and I met up with you at a Newsboys concert at CH. I will never forget you there in your denim jacket and giant white hoop earrings...and how your hair bounced as you danced...yes, danced...on the pew. I remember being amazed by how little you cared what anyone thought and just let yourself be you...in the moment. Though I know you never realized it, you did leave an impression on me. (Did I ever tell you that I have such a wacky memory?)

Christy said...

Alli, I never knew about your wacky memory! That is so crazy! I have the WORST memory possible and have little to no recollection of that concert, but I do remember that standing on the pews and dancing was a common thing for me :) And I do remember giant white hoop earrings - can I say that I, for one, am totally excited that big hoop earrings have made a comeback!