Friday, May 4, 2007

Proud

I was walking my kids to their classes this morning, when this surge of pride overtook my very soul. I realized that they were both wearing their bright red Student of the Month shirts (which they are allowed to wear on Fridays). I felt like I was walking out on stage in front of all the other moms with two bright, big, first-place-parenting-award badges stuck to the front of my shirt. How great! Yes, that's right you little SUV-driving, tennis-playing, personal-trainer-hiring, stay-at-home moms! MY children are BOTH students of the month! Ha!
Of course, rationally, I know that I can only take so much credit for that. They have a wonderful daddy and a very involved extended family, too. Plus, having kids is kind of a crapshoot. You just don't know what you're going to get. But still - both kids. Student of the Month. Awesome!
I guess I was standing in the right line when God was handing out kids.

<3 Christy

3 comments:

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Hee hee! We are both having fun kid moments today! Check out my post! I miss you!
Becky

60ish and Glad said...

That's right! That rebelious I-don't-need-your-status-crutches attitude wins with me every time. Have I mentioned lately that I want to sell everything and live in a VW bus with yellow flowers on it?

Christy said...

Obviously, I get my wandering gypsy heart from somebody :) Get your VeeDub Mamma! I'll help you paint the flowers!

<3 Christy