Saturday, May 5, 2007

Kiki's Suds

So, you all know I've been having so much fun making spa stuff. I decided to call my "company" Kiki's Suds - my little brother Joe used to call me Kiki when he was a baby, and it's my auntie name now. Not that I have real nieces and nephews, just surrogate ones. Here's my little logo sticker:

It really has been fun, but it came down to the wire today. It's an easy project, making the stuff and putting it in cute little containers, but in large quantity, anything is tough. I made 100 little Vacation-in-a-Box kits to send to pastor's wives in New Orleans. Here's what's in the box (a lotion, a sugar scrub, and a milk bath) and a look at just how many little boxes there are!


Hm. That's not the photo I thought it was. Well, that's half of them, stacked five tall.
Anyway, aside from that (which took up much of my day), we went to a Cinco de Mayo party - a big one! Yay for margaritas and Mexico! I made my famous salsa and was complimented up and down, which is pretty much why I make it. I'm a glutton for affirmation. And I've been working on a little mom's day thingie for my mama.
Whew! As we say here in Polk County, "My ass is plumb wore out!"
Anyway, I was singing a lullaby to the kids tonight - it's one of my favorites, a Bing Crosby song from White Christmas called "Count Your Blessings." And the words just really struck me this time around. "When I worry and I can't sleep, I count my blessings intead of sheep, and I fall asleep counting my blessings." The truth is, I have so many that I don't think I could count them. Just knowing that today should make it pretty easy to fall asleep.

DAILY BLISS: Wrapping 100 little boxes, my brother's goofy Cinco de Mayo hat and mashed potatoes!

<3 Christy

5 comments:

Mary said...

They look so nice and very professional. The Pastors Wives in New Orleans are going to be so happy. Good job!

60ish and Glad said...

Wow! I enlarged the photos and the packages look GREAT! I am so impressed. I am mostly impressed with the students of the month - when I enlarge those photos they are twice as cute.

AND I am pleased to hear that Mary and Kris are having another boy! Congratulations

Christy said...

Thank you kindly, ladies:)

frabjouspoet said...

They're gorgeous!

Joe said...

Great job, Christy! It seems you enjoyed yourself, too.