Monday, February 25, 2008

The Cost of Fun

Well, we did all that fun stuff this weekend that I said we would. Emma had artwork on display downtown in a Family Fun Festival. She was very proud to be a featured student artist. We had lots of family come out for the occasion and I fell in love with an SPCA pup, introduced him to my mom, and she ended up taking him home. Those stories are pretty well covered on her blog.
We went to a grown-ups-only birthday party for a friend, which was quite a treat, and we watched movies each night.
Honestly, I think it's the movies that got me (neither of which I would necessarily recommend). Movies have to start late in our house. It's a small house, and there are lots of things in movies that children can easily overhear and I don't really want them to. So, two nights of late movies, plus as much Oscar coverage as we could stand (we didn't watch the whole thing, but it was still pretty late for me).
And that did me in. I am bleary-eyed today. I shuffled through the grocery store with my kids, since I had too much fun this weekend to fit in the necessaries. I made some dinner on the stove that is still stinkin' up the house. I don't have a vent hood or whatever that's called that I can't remember right now. Dinner always smells a lot better when you're hungry than it does when it lingers on in the air.
None of this is particularly interesting, but there is this great, bloggish pressure. I haven't posted anything since Friday. Surely I have something to say. I feel like I should. But I don't. There it is in all its glory - the sad truth that my to-do list, for the moment, has completely taken over my thought processes.
In the meantime, I've been trying to do a little housekeeping here. I am a self-proclaimed analog girl, so tweaking a blog layout is seriously deep thinking for me. I don't think I'm quite done....but, do you guys like it? Does it display right on your end of things?
Hope I have more to say before next weekend! Ha!

DAILY BLISS: a completely indulgent magazine to read and homemade salsa

4 comments:

claibornes corner said...

I loved the pics from your mom's blog! The art work, Andrew growing up way too fast and of course, Jack! Can't wait to see everyone in May - Please order a cool spring for Nana!

60ish and Glad said...

I am always willing to eat some homemade salsa....it's on my diet you know.

You forgot to mention that your FIRST sweater is a perfect fit!!!

Amy Button said...

I, too, hate lingering food smells in my little house. Bacon is the worst. Even if it's freezing outside I open the window and door *and* light candles to get the bacon smell out.

I do like the new blog skin. Very cool. When I changed my blog it seemed to take forever for me to get something I liked and even still there are things I would change. Such is the life of creative people.

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Love the look! AND you!