Monday, February 11, 2008

Thwarted

I've been waiting for a Monday so that I could look in a certain home store for a certain clock. A key-wound, coil-gong clock, to be exact. I finally got there today and they didn't have one.
I took the kids to Wal Mart to buy valentines for their classes and teachers today in the 30 minutes of spare time between chess club and dinner with my parents. I also needed a pair of size 2 double-pointed knitting needles. They didn't have the needles or teacher gifts we needed. An extra stop would now be necessary.
I went to Tuesday Morning to get valentines for teachers after supper. Apparently, they close at 7:00. I got there at 7:15.
I went to the shoe store to buy myself two pairs of shoes, you know, so each kid has a shoebox to decorate for valentines at school (I'm such a martyr). There weren't any on sale (the only way I'm getting two pairs of shoes is to find them on sale) except for some cute black shoes with high heels. But I own about six pairs of cute black shoes with high heels. Sigh. We'll have to try Target.
I decided to grab a movie for tonight. We haven't had a movie night since well before Christmas. Blockbuster didn't have what I was looking for.
I ran around all afternoon and got absolutely nothing done.
I'm going to go to bed now. Unless I can't sleep. That would seem to be the logical conclusion to my day.

DAILY BLISS: leftover white bean chicken chili and leftover party flowers on my table

4 comments:

claibornes corner said...

Some days are just not good shopping days but other will feel like you have found a treasure chest!!!! Sigh....

Mary said...

Um...I can't read any of this...the font's all garbled. Too bad cause it looks like you spent a lot of time typing.

Just kidding.

Hopefully today will be more productive.

Christy said...

Oh my gosh, Mary....for just a second there....you had me. Then I started laughing and maybe even snorted once or twice.
Today definitely looks good....plus, it's cloudy and rainy. My favorite.

Amy Button said...

I hate those kind of days. You seem much more determined than I though; I would have thrown in the towel way earlier.