Thursday, February 14, 2008

Redeeming the Day

I did manage to pull it together today and get my holiday on. We made heart-shaped pizzas (infinitely eaiser than homemade meatballs and marinara):

And we decorated some of those sugar cookies that you just plunk on the cookie sheet:


This has assuaged my guilt to a certain degree. I will now remain guilt-free until the Hour of Panic on the next holiday. St. Patrick's Day, anyone?

My wonderful hubby got me another apothecary jar (I am collecting these....I just love that they are pretty and they hold stuff - currently yarn and needles - but because they're clear, they add interest without adding much clutter). It's a giant apothecary jar!
And I have consumed more cheap chocolate today than the entire year preceding this day. I am now quite sick and will not do that again anytime soon. However, there were a couple pieces of Godiva chocolate tossed in there. I'm quite sure that they had nothing to do with my tummyache. Godiva chocolates are too friendly to make anybody sick.

DAILY BLISS: my new, $7 skirt that I found while trying to acquire a shoe box (with a pair of shoes in it, of course) for the school Valentine party - it has a brown twiggy print on it and a bow on the side of the waist. Gasp! I may not have worn festive red....but I had a waist bow today.

3 comments:

Amy Button said...

Yay for redeeming the day! If it makes you feel any better, it's Valentine's evening and I just realized about an hour ago that we don't really have anything special I can make. I think everybody's having leftover Chili. I.have.no.excuse. Gaaa!

Christy said...

It *does* make me feel better. And you don't need an excuse - leftover chili sounds wonderful! Hey - it's kinda red....

claibornes corner said...

You saved Valentine's Day and by the way - you look HOT!!!!