Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Finished Object

Well, it's not earth-shaking or anything, but I finished something. It's a little lacy cap I've been knitting for Emma's ballet teacher during breaks I've taken from the cardigan for my mom. I have so many UFOs (UnFinished Objects) laying around the house, knitting and otherwise, that it really felt good to dig in and finish something up. Nevermind the blocking, which I'm sure would have made the hat spectacular, she has ballet tomorrow, there's cooler weather coming this weekend, and I'm gifting that sucker without the blocking. Emma kindly agreed to model for us:









Pretty crappy pictures. Again, I apologize. It's late, it's the last minute and it's dark. Oh well. It'll look really bad on my Ravelry page, but I'll just have to deal.
While we're at it with the cute kid photos, here's Emma with her new little OLPC. Thanks Technology Czar!:


Also, I gave my porch floor a first coat today. That's been a long time comin'. I started painting my porch quite some time ago, and joked about the fact that it would take forever. It has.
But, now that I think about it, that all makes for a pretty industrious afternoon when you put it all together. Hm.

DAILY BLISS: winter sunshine through the porch rail

4 comments:

Mary said...

Way to go on the porch. Who cares if it's been a long time...you started. Nobody has ever finished painting a porch they didn't start so you get like three points or something.

claibornes corner said...

I LOVE the cap!!! You are so good and always love the Emma pics!

Christy said...

Yay! That puts my point count up to, oh, five or so....

60ish and Glad said...

Is that her computer? What a cutie. I think she should have a cap. I dare not put any more on you so I did not scream fro a gift. Cause I am getting one. Thanks.