Monday, October 27, 2008

Church (Service)

(24) And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, (25) not neglecting to meet together.....encouraging one another...
Hebrews 10:24-25 (ESV)


We had a great church service yesterday.
My friend is movin' back to town and she has been offered her Granny's house to live in. But it needed a little paintin' and a little fixin' and even needed its gorgeous, vintage, clawfoot tub to be re-installed (sigh-how romantic) as it had been sitting in a nearby barn for a long time. So we gathered our church together to serve one of our own.






There were no worship songs or hymns, but there was a lot of singing. And some of it was made up on-the-spot. And almost all of it was silly
There was no sermon, but some of us learned anyway.

This is what we call "Childrens' Church:"


And this is what we call "grounds for excommunication."

Just kidding. That's really what we call "my weird-o brother."

I am sore from two days of climbing up and down a ladder - I always end up cutting in at the ceiling and the corners when there is painting to be done. I am covered in primer and I am verytired.

I actually pointed my car door remote at my front door yesterday and pushed the unlock button. Seriously.
Are you done laughing yet?
I only took a wee minute to figure out I was doing something wrong. I absolutely did not push the button several times before I caught on. Not at all.

(outdoor photos by my fabulous sister-in-law, Mindy)

DAILY BLISS: crunchy grapes and purchasing our victims for the soon-coming annual pumpkin massacre

6 comments:

claibornes corner said...

What a nice thing to do for your friend!

Amy Button said...

Bearing one anothers burdens is fulfilling the law of Christ. Being Christ to someone that needs it is life changing. And everyone should be covered in primer at some point in their lives.

I can't wait to see pics of the pumpkin massacre...

60ish and Glad said...

How wonderful for Becky to come home!

Mary said...

She's going to love those rooms so much more for your gift of time and energy. I love to see people working together like that. And it's so good for your kids to be a part of that. Bless you.

Sandy said...

What a wonderful blessing for Rebecca and her family. I'm sure this was a great welcome to her and a lesson to the younger ones that it takes everyone. I know you will take good care of her. I will miss seeing her at local events in Louisiana when I can. I hope she gets to come back for visits some time. She really touched my life when I met her.

Christy said...

Hey Sandy - she has indeed touched many lives wherever she has been :) I know you all will miss her much - as I've missed her these years while she was up there. She and I have taken good care of each other for many, many years now. I promise that will be the case this time too.