Friday, October 3, 2008

Just Visiting - Part 4

Pumpkins Galore!
There's an adorable little town right next to my sweetie's hometown that I love to visit when we make it up that way. And in that adorable little town is an even more adorable little store - the Newburgh Country Store. It's in a late 1800s-era building that used to be a church. They carry handmade soaps and lotions, Amish food products and knick-knacks too. But I don't think I've ever been there in the fall before. We pulled into the parking lot and I nearly squealed! See why?






And....here's the best part of the whole trip. We went out to a farm to do their corn maze (I know, right? So much fun!)


And when we arrived, we discovered that they had a pumpkin patch! And you had to take a hay ride to get to it!
So, while we waited for the hayride, the kids did the miniature maze, made out of bales of hay:

Then we all climbed onto the trailer and headed for the pumpkin patch!




We didn't see Charlie Brown, or Linus, and we didn't see the Great Pumpkin either. But we did spy lots of beautiful, orange pumpkins, waiting to be picked.




Sadly, we were not able to take one back to Florida with us. Some of us were sadder than the others about that.


There were so many other things that we did - lots of visits with family, Sunday morning church at the church Chris was raised in, a birthday picnic for Chris' cousin, rocking in the porch swing - and I have pictures to prove most of them. But it would take me another week to finish telling the tale of this action-packed adventure. And my life continues - new stories have already begun before I've the time to finish telling the last.

5 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

I scrolled down and saw Emma's pout...I said -"Oh - that looks like Christy's pout"....I scrolled down and there was Christy's pout. I laughed out loud.

claibornes corner said...

Hey, like the dude with the straw in his teeth!!!!

Christy said...

I like 'im too Nana!

Mary said...

He looks a little like Russell Crowe in that picture. Is that how you spell Russell Crowe?

Christy said...

Hey - you're right Mary! No wonder I enjoyed 3:10 to Yuma so much ;)