Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Just Visiting - Part 2

While we were visiting Chris' hometown, we did lots of fun stuff - like going to the zoo!

I loved how this prehensile-tailed porcupine posed for me:

And this prairie dog was absolutely irresistible:

There were peacocks everywhere:

And even an exhibit that appealed to Emma - the Enchanted Forest.


We also visited this super-cool bridge. It's closed down to traffic now, but Chris pointed it out to me as we drove by and I couldn't stop thinking about it. We went back the next day to take some pictures and I'm really glad we did.



Here's part of the railing from the walkway that's of no help to walkers anymore.

I also took some photos of the kids (of course) at the bridge, much to Andrew's dismay. I wasn't really happy with the ones I took earlier this year. It's not that they were bad, but I just didn't get what I really wanted out of them. But I think I got some good ones this time. So, if you'll indulge me, I'd like to show off my gorgeous children:






And here's my personal favorite - the One That Will Be Framed (after I get around to converting it to black-and-white):

5 comments:

lubke-moss said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had a good time on your trip. And you are right, you DO have a couple of beautiful kiddos. :)

Amy Button said...

I love the porcupine, prairie dog and peacock (ha, alliteration!). The pictures of Drew and Emma are so sweet and I love, love that bridge too. *And* the new blog look! I wish I weren't so HTML challenged.

claibornes corner said...

Wow - they look so grown-up but I love the photos....Got to look at the "album" some day! And I still have to paint Andrew!

Liz Harrell said...

How fun. You're right, that last photo is fantastic.

Mary said...

I love old bridges like that. Bridges in general are just really neat things. There is a covered bridge in the county seat where I grew up that I would love to photograph. Wonderful pictures.