Thursday, March 27, 2008

Kid Pics

I hate abbreviating "pictures" to "pics." "Pix" is even worse. I just thought it was more interesting to do it and then explain that I don't like it instead of just titling this post "Kid Photos." I think I've already used that title. Maybe not. I don't know.
Anyway, I did our annual portrait shots last Friday at Lake Mirror. It's getting harder and harder to get those really nice-looking pictures I used to get from my kids. It used to be that I could just give them a simple prop, put them in blue jeans and white and just snap away, winding up with something really beautiful. Last year was tricky - last year we did the bathtubs. I didn't get a really good one from that, and I don't think I got a really good one this time around either. But, in the interest of sharing what I'm doing, here's my favorite shots (there's a bunch of them). They haven't been fiddled with yet. I usually turn them into black and whites. I may have to adjust brightness and stuff this time around, too.....if I get around to it what with all the sewing and knitting going on over here! Then again, I might just scrap it and start over.....









Whatcha think?

DAILY BLISS: My hubby telling me I'm cute and an on-time paycheck

10 comments:

claibornes corner said...

My favorite: This First One and the one of Emma knitting!!!!!
I always love your "Kid Pictures" and want to see all of them!

claibornes corner said...

I keep trying to leave Mindy a comment and I have to type all those wierd letters in then it goes back and I have to type it all over again....how do you get around this and I don't know if she if getting mine....UGRRRRRRRR

frabjouspoet said...

I think my favorite is the second one. Emma is such a great model.

Mary said...

Very nice. I'll bet Emma is fun to photograph. She has that dramatic thing going on. The fifth and sixth photos going down look like they have angel wings on their backs. Just at first glance...the all white with the sunshine on the water peeking through behind them.

Penny Sue said...

Blast from the past
your "pics" are great..you jusst need to upload them to a photoshop program or go to scrapblog.com and edit them...then you can get the effects you want....ps..how do you get the beautiful wallpaper you have..mine is boring
(Penny used to be Kincer stayed at your house when you were in HS)
your as beautiful as ever and so are your kids!

Christy said...

Claiborne - I think I saw one of your comments posted.....the letters you have to type are an extra security measure. Usually, you just have to type it once and you'll see a message in yellow at the top of the box that says "your comment has been saved" and something about waiting for approval.
Mary - I totally didn't notice the wing thing goin' on there, but you're so right! I just liked the effect of the sunny water behind them. I was mostly trying to get a shot in front of the gates, but most of those didn't turn out quite right.
Penny - so glad you found me!! I'll be checking out your blog in just a second! I usually use GIMP for photo editing, though I'm not too good with it yet:) But that's what I used to create my blog header. To get the background, I downloaded some digital scrapbooking "papers" and parked one on a photo hosting site, then just plopped it into the HTML editor of my blog template.....make sense?

60ish and Glad said...

Oh - all that photo-ing and editing online sounds so much like work. I want the computer to do it all for me when I am not working. I can hardly believe how much they have grown. i would like you to post from the first (before Emma) to the now...two or so of each year. that would be cool.

Christy said...

That's a good idea Mom. But, that would require scanning (since I've only been digital for a couple of years). Which, for some reason, sounds like more work to me than "photo-ing and editing online."

mindy said...

love the one with emma pointing to drew's book...such great lighting!

Amy Button said...

I love the photos! My faves are 1,3,4,5 &6.

BTW, we're coming to Lakeland in May, maybe I can get pics of my little (and not so little) munchkins there too.