Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Doo Doo Doo

This has been quite a week so far! I've had a couple of hectic mornings...you know how all that goes. But this morning, we were running late for Safety Patrol (which was only remembered 5 minutes before we would have had to leave for our regular schedule) and in the car, the dog puked on Emma's chapel uniform. It's her only one. So, it was quite a trip getting everybody clean and where they needed to go and slipping into my chair at work just in time.
But, having missed an opportunity to tell you about my Monday, I thought I'd reach back into my week so far and pull out the highlights. Starting with Monday. Cause it was the best.

My afternoon me-time was once again spent at my little spot on the lake. It was pretty crowded this time, so I was glad I had my trusty iPod. There are times when it's nice to shut out the public. And other people's children. My favorite little duck couple paddled around in front of me. I think they were hoping for treats. Maybe I should bring them something next time.....there aren't many ducks at this lake, so it's easy to pick out who's who.
I've started on a new knitting project. I thought I'd wait until the cardigan was finished and I got so intent on finishing that by Sunday afternoon, I was down to the end. I had my skein of yarn in my knitting bag and was knitting so fast and I proudly announced to Chris that the next row was the shoulder bind-off and then the end of the yarn came up out of my bag. Before I got to the bind-off row. I ran out of yarn. Grrrr. Since I haven't found this particular yarn anywhere by JoAnn's and that's on the other side of town, I gave up. I heaved a great sigh and decided to cheer myself up by playing with the new yarn I'd bought on Saturday. Also, I'm out of elastic and waiting for pay day. Otherwise, I might have made another shirt or something.
Here's a couple of my happy knitty things:


Of course, they are only close-ups, since some of them are going out to some of you. Or all of them. Or whatever. We shall try to maintain a facade of mystery. What shall we call them? Oatmeal and Rain? That's what they make me think of when I knit them....and those are some of my very favorite things. So, they are bringing me bliss after bliss.
Here's Emma in a skirt and shirt I made. I hadn't intended for them to be an outfit, exactly, thinking that it might be calico overload, but since the shirt fabric was also in the skirt, she put them together on her own and felt fabulous. The skirt will get a little lace trim around the main ruffle's seam. I sewed it in white thread, which was all I had at the moment, and I just wanted to makesomethingnow, so we made do. I usually make do and cover the consequences later. Hm. That could be some deep insight there.....but let's pretend it isn't.





Anyway, the weather has been so lovely and I heard an old CCR song on my way home that summed it up:
"Bother me tomorrow. Today I'll buy no sorrow. Doo Doo Doo Lookin' out my back door."

DAILY BLISS: helping Emma pick out her first music purchases and pancakes for supper

4 comments:

claibornes corner said...

great looking outfit on our little princess!!!!

Amy Button said...

That outfit is so super-cute! And Emma makes a perfectly wonderful model. You're going to shame me into making something for my girls soon. I know Chloe would *love* it.

Christy said...

Hey Amy, if you decide you've had enough of the shame :) and want to make an outfit, here's the blog where I found the tutorial for the skirt:
http://grandrevivaldesign.typepad.com/

Amy Button said...

Oh my goodness, I think I have *another* new favorite blog :)