Thursday, March 6, 2008

Crazy

So, um, hi.
I'm going a little crazy.
Things have been a little hectic.
I found myself laying on my painted concrete floor, stitch ripper in hand, bleeding where I'd already stuck myself, and crying just a little bit. That was right after I shoved a spoonful of Nesquick powder in my mouth, for lack of any real chocolate in the house. Then I wondered if I might be actually losing it.
The dress I was making should have been yet another quick, painless stress reliever for me. Something I could conquer. Something I could say I'd finished that day - a day when nothing else had been finished, properly or otherwise. Well, it was the second or third or something day in a row like that.
Instead, the cosmic state of calamity that is following me around overtook my stress relief project and made things even worse.
Things seem to be quieter today, which is good. I'm sitting at my desk and having a deep breath.
So, no trip to the looney bin for me. Not today, anyway.
In nicer news, Drew was in a musical on Tuesday. He had so wanted a speaking part, but got placed in the choir. This brilliant casting move revealed to me that his natural sense of pitch was needed more than his untested, but fabulous-I'm-sure, acting chops. My boy! His chess and logic skills definitely come from his dad, but it's nice to know that my genes are indeed part of the final product that is this fine young man. Here he is passing out programs:


All is not lost. I will conquer that little dress. I will make more progress on the cardigan. I will enjoy some "me" time with the bubble bath I made. It may not all happen today, but it will happen soon. And if all else fails, I'm getting my hair done on Saturday. Maybe a trip to the yarn store.....it is on the way there after all....

DAILY BLISS: Orange blossoms!

6 comments:

frabjouspoet said...

Sticking yourself with the stitch ripper is oh so painful. (It was even worse than slicing my fingers on a rotary fabric cutter.) I have nothing insightful to add here, but I do share your need to escape from your own head. You're not alone.

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

I love your little bit o crazy. I do wish I had one of those cute little tope. It'd show off my tattoo!!

claibornes corner said...

God, you sound just like me - like the time I made 15 teddy bears at Christmas!!! And I always HAD TO FINISH a dress even if it took all night - I'm glad I'm old now!!! Happy Sewing....

Mary said...

Kris has forbid me from certain creative endeavors after 9:00 p.m. Too many emotional episodes over small failures.

Amy Button said...

Yikes! Time to breathe sounds like a good idea.

Ooh! Orange blossoms! My total, absolute, incomparable favorite. I'm a wee bit jealous :)

Mary said...

I hate ripping stitches...argh! It's Saturday as I comment so I hope your haircut is a great way to end your week. Here's to crazy days!