Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hag

I just finished that late-night WalMart and Target shopping that always happens when you're this close to a major holiday and have not yet planned anything. I seriously didn't have time for that today, nor did I have time to browse the fabric section at WalMart and pick out and buy some hope in the form of a new project. Also at Hancock's, but who's counting stops?
I'm pretty tired and I ate a terribly unhealthy supper - ribs and french fries - which I do love, but leaves me feeling gross and greasy. So, I struggled my way through and managed to find some springy joy amongst all the pastels and flowers and bunnies. I bounced my way out of the store and got home.
Then I saw myself in the mirror.
I had pinned my hair up in a very bohemian sort of non-bun to go with my peasant shirt in a brown and orange retro print. Feeling pretty cute, I'd say. Coupling that with the bounce and the spring joy....well, I thought I was rockin' the look.
Actually, I looked like a crazy bag lady. My mascara is halfway down my cheeks and my hair has wildly unpinned itself in places. My shoulders are even slumpy. There are dark circles under my eyes.
Oh well.
But you know what sucks? All those people who saw me and thought, "Whoooo! She crazy!" have to see me again tomorrow morning because I left one of my bags at the cash register. Got all the way home and filled up the Easter baskets before I realized that something was missing.

DAILY BLISS: Browsing the garden center at Lowe's and dreaming of getting an orange tree of my very own

2 comments:

Amy Button said...

I'm totally with you on the holiday thing. It seems like I have forever and then "bam" I have no time at all. I'll be taking the Target trek today too- although I'm usually there no less than 3 times a week.

Mary said...

I have lived that moment far too recently. Ach My! What must people think? And then I remember...I don't care! :)