Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday - All For Me

Let's see if I can get back into the blogging habit here....
I actually had Monday off this week. Even though that's supposed to be my thing, it doesn't seem to be happening with regularity.
I had the best intentions today, too. I asked Chris to drive the kids to school so I could stay in my pajamas and knit. I know that I'll feel better if I can check some projects off my list.
But we were out of coffee, so I had to go out.
And it was such a beautiful day that I went shopping for a pair of jeans. I'm down to just one pair right now and that'll never do. And I came home and knitted a little bit and felt restless, so I put on my new jeans and went to my spot at the lake. I have really missed my spot! The weather is finally cooling off a bit and I think regular visits to my lake bench will be very soothing. I brought some simple knitting, you know, so I could feel like I wasn't completely wasting my time. But it was just stockinette stitch (knit one row, purl one row, repeat) and the cool-ish breeze, the laughing ducks, the jumping fish and the wooden needles and hemp yarn in my hands really took the edge off.
I got a bee in my bonnet to make some bread and stew, so I picked up some fresh veggies and stew meat and beer (because stew is even better when you make it with beer) and made a fun mess in the kitchen.
Not a huge, tired kind of a mess, but a fun, cooking kind of mess. I kneaded the bread dough and browned the meat and we had such a nice supper. Then we all went on a walk. We're trying to squeeze that into our schedule too - a little exercise.
Thirty minutes, five times a week? Ridiculoso. I will feel really good if we get 15-25 once or twice a week.
A little tv watchin' and a little more knittin' and I am sleepy. Not exhausted, but just sleepy. I will sleep well tonight! And I really, really, really wish that tomorrow was Monday too.

DAILY BLISS: jeans in my size, on sale and Starbucks coffee on the house - I don't even know why, but I was not about to argue!

2 comments:

Amy Button said...

It sounds perfect. Especially the bread and stew...yum.

Mary said...

Sounds lovely.