Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Not Gonna Let 'Em Catch Me....

I made some appointments today that I've been putting off.
I took care of a chore for Emma's class that I've been putting off.
I dug in and made some progress on the knitting I've been putting off.
I'm on a roll.

My mom invited me out to dinner. It was lots of fun. I know she's been worried about me and she needed to ask me questions like, "what are some of your best qualities?" and, "what is the most pressing thing in your life right now?" to make sure that I was okay and not feeling worthless or something. It's nice, you know, to have a glass of wine with your mom and know that she sees those little hints in your behaviors that belie some troubles. But it's not that bad...I'm just workin' through some stuff. Once we both figured that out, we laughed a lot and went shopping.
(Well, Ive got to run to keep from hiding)

But it's Tuesday and according to my schedule, that means I have to go to the grocery store.
(And I'm bound to keep on riding)

It's one of those weeks when you really have to scrimp. I mean, I think it was three grocery trips to my paycheck instead of the usual two. And this is the third trip. This one's all about spaghetti.
(And Ive got one more silver dollar)

The Super Wal Marts is not where you want to be late on a Tuesday night. So I went fast. I used the long stride that I've mastered in order to stay alongside my lanky husband. The greeter-guy at the door literally put his hands up when I came around the corner to the exit.
(But I'm not gonna let them catch me, no)

I got home and sat down to catch up on some of your blogs - it's always nice to know what your friends are up to. I asked Chris if he'd pour me an ice-cold glass of that organic apple cider I'd splurged on. And I took a sip and swallowed as something slimy caught in my mouth. My first thought was apple skin. I mean, it's organic after all. My second thought was, "that tasted sour." And I wondered about the kinds of bacteria that grow in soured cider. I looked at the jug and it had expired 10 days ago.
Here's hoping I don't get sick. I don't have time for that. I have to keep moving.
(Not gonna let em catch the midnight rider)

Have you guessed what was today's oddly appropriate radio song? (Midnight Rider - Allman Brothers Band)

DAILY BLISS: a little girl time today - with Emma this afternoon and my mommy this evening

3 comments:

claibornes corner said...

I AM the midnight rider!!!!

Mary said...

I was really groovin' with ya until you got to the part about the slimy thing in the cider.

Here's to good bacteria doing their part in your world.

Amy Button said...

I'm tired just reading all that.

The slimy thing happened to me as a kid in a can of gatorade. I've never had gatorade in a can again (it was the '70's so I'm sure they don't put it in a can anymore). Actually I was so traumatized that I refuse to drink any type of juice with pulp in it.